This data protection declaration applies to the use of our online offer www.biogeniv.de/en (hereinafter "website").
The collection and processing of your personal data takes place in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The person responsible for the collection, processing and use of your personal data within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 7 GDPR is
Leibniz Institute for Plasma Science and Technology
Tel.: +49 3834 – 554 300
Fax: +49 3834 – 554 301
If you want to contradict the collection, processing or use of your data in accordance with these data protection regulations in total or for individual measures, you can address your contradiction to those responsible.
You can save and print this data protection declaration at any time.
2. Anonymous data collection
You can basically visit our website without telling us who they are. We only experience the name of your Internet service provider, the website from which you visit us and the websites you visit with us. If this information is evaluated, then only for statistical purposes. As a single user, you remain anonymous.
3. Collection and processing of personal data
We collect and process personal data if you get in touch with us to adequately process your request. You will voluntarily, expressly and knowingly provide this personal data for certain purposes and only use your request. They are only processed, saved and forwarded to the extent, as is necessary for the respective purpose or your consent is available. There is no transfer to other third parties or exports to non-EU foreignlands. Further personal data are not recorded.
4. memory duration
We only save your personal data as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes that is necessary, unless we are obliged to save for a longer period of storage for legal reasons or that you are in an additional storage in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR.
In some cases, the legislature provides for the storage of personal data, for example in tax or commercial law. In these cases, the data is only stored by us for these legal purposes, but not processed otherwise and deleted after the statutory retention period
5. Your rights as the data processing of those affected
According to the applicable laws, you have different rights regarding your personal data. If you would like to assert these rights, please send your request by email or post with the clear identification of your person to the address mentioned in section 1.
Below you will find an overview of your rights.
5.1 Right to confirmation and information
You have the right to provide clear information about the processing of your personal data.
You have the right to receive a confirmation from us at any time about whether you are processed personal data. If this is the case, you have the right to request free information from us about the personal data stored for you and a copy of this data. There is also a right to the following information
1. the processing purposes;
2. the categories of personal data that are processed;
3. the recipients or categories of recipients that have been disclosed or still disclosed in comparison to which the personal data have been disclosed
4. If possible, the planned duration for which the personal data is stored, or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining this duration;
5. the existence of a right to correct or delete the personal data relating to it or to restrict the processing by the person responsible or a right to object against this processing;
6. the existence of a right to complain to a supervisory authority;
7. If the personal data is not collected from you, all available information about the origin of the data;
8. The existence of automated decision -making including profiling in accordance with Art. 22 Para. 1 and 4 GDPR and - at least in these cases - meaningful information about the logic involved as well as the scope and the desired effects of such a processing for you.
5.2 Right to correction
You have the right to request the correction and, if necessary, to complete personal data relating to you.
You have the right to request the correction of you to the relevant personal data. Taking into account the purposes of processing, you have the right to request the completion of incomplete personal data - also by means of a supplementary explanation.
5.3 Right to deletion
In a number of cases we are obliged to delete personal data relating to you.
In accordance with Art. 17 Para. 1 GDPR, you have the right to request that personal data be released immediately, and we are obliged to delete personal data immediately, provided that one of the following reasons applies:
1. The personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed in any other way.
2. You cancel their consent, on which the processing in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 a) GDPR or Art. 9 Para. 2 a) GDPR was based, and there is no other legal basis for processing.
3. In accordance with Art. 21 Para. 1 GDPR, they are objected to the processing and there are no priority legitimate reasons for the processing, or they object to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 Para. 2 GDPR.
4. The personal data was illegally processed.
5. The deletion of the personal data is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member States, which we are subject to.
6. The personal data was collected in relation to offered services of the information society in accordance with Art. 8 Para. 1 GDPR.
If we have made the personal data public and we are obliged to delete them in accordance with Art. 17 Para. 1 GDPR, we take appropriate measures, including a technical manner, in order to take into account the available technology and the implementation costs Process data to inform you that you have requested you to delete all links to these personal data or from copies or replications of this personal data.
5.4 Right to restrict the processing
In a number of cases, you are entitled to restrict the processing of your personal data from us.
You have the right to request the restriction of processing if one of the following requirements is met:
1. The correctness of the personal data will be denied by you for a duration that enables us to check the correctness of the personal data,
2. the processing is illegal and you rejected the deletion of personal data and instead requested the restriction of the use of personal data;
3. we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of processing, but you need the data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or
4. It has objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 Para. 1 GDPR, as long as it is not yet clear whether the legitimate reasons of our company predominate against yours.
5.5 Right to data portability
You have the right to receive, transmit, or to read your personal data in a machine -readable manner.
You have the right to obtain the personal data you have relating to us in a structured, common and machine -readable format, and you have the right to transmit this data to another person responsible without disabilities, if we have
1. The processing on consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 a) GDPR or Art. 9 Para. 2 a) GDPR or on a contract in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 b) GDPR is based on and
2. The processing is carried out using automated procedures.
When exercising your right to data portability in accordance with paragraph 1, you have the right to obtain that the personal data is sent directly from us to another person responsible, insofar as this is technically feasible.
5.6 Right of objection
You have the right to contradict us from a lawful processing of your personal data if this is based on your special situation and our interests in the processing do not outweigh.
You have the right to object at any time against the processing of your personal data relating to you, which takes place on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 e) or f) GDPR; This also applies to a profiling based on these provisions. We no longer process the personal data, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If personal data is processed by us in order to operate direct mail, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data relating to the purpose of such advertising; This also applies to profiling, insofar as it is connected to such direct advertising.
You have the right to object to the personal data relating to you from your special situation, which is carried out for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes in accordance with Art. 89 Para. 1 GDPR Unless the processing is necessary to fulfill a task in the public interest.
5.7 Automated decisions including profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based exclusively on automated processing - including profiling - that has a significant impact on legal effects or that it is significantly impaired in a similar way.
Automated decision -making based on the personal data collected does not take place.
5.8 Right to revoke a data protection consent
You have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of personal data at any time.
5.9 Right to a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, in particular in the member state of your place of residence, your job or the place of the alleged violation if you believe that the processing of the personal data relating to it is illegal.
6. Data protection officer
If you have any further questions about data protection in the Leibniz Institute for Plasma Research and Technology e. V., please contact our data protection officer Ms. Nadja Dahlhaus (firstname.lastname@example.org)